Thursday, July 13, 2006

Way to make a first impression...

Today I got up early and wore a dress bc/ my new boss was coming in for his first day of work today. As I am wholly an ass-kisser, I wanted to make a great first impression.

Unfortunately, that grand idea was foiled by a squirrel, a jackass, and… me.

Picture this… I am sitting at my desk, keeping myself busy (and by busy I of course am referring to Spider Solitaire and Radio Margaritaville) when I hear a commotion in the hall outside my office. The front door to the building was open, and apparently a fat-ass Ann Arbor squirrel ran right in. (No joke- A2 has the FATTEST-assed squirrels you have even seen. They are honest-to-pete as big as cats, and have large mean teeth.)

This jackass that I work with apparently decided to chase it (presumably to shoo it out, though, honestly, that presumption gives him a lot of credit, perhaps more than he deserves). Anyway, the squirrel went tearing down the hall, past my office door, w/ jack-ass in hot pursuit. He hollered “SQUIRREL!” as he dashed by, so of course, I got up and went into the hall to check it out. (Because I am basically a 15 year old boy when it comes to maturity, attention span, and what strikes me as funny.)

Meanwhile, the squirrel cut into my (other) boss’s office, which is connected to mine by an inner-office (open) door. The squirrel spied the open door, bolted into my office, and scaled my cabinet up to the window sill in attempt to exit through the (closed) window. By now I have registered that I am not OK with having a large, feral, toothy rodent clambering about my office, and I have run down the hall, away from my office and towards the front door of the building, shrieking, squealing, giggling, and jumping about like a ninny.

And guess who walked through the front door, just in time to catch me at my most foolish? That’s right. Way to make a first impression…

No comments: