I had the "big ultrasound" today. I asked them for some keepsake pictures of you that I could show off to everyone and theoretically put in your scrapbook, if I were that kind of cutesy-gag-me mommie.
The technician printed out a strip and handed them to me, with a towel to wipe the goop off my stomach, as she left the room. I looked at the first one and saw a fuzzy profile. Pretty cute. I looked at the second and saw a clear profile. Very cute! I looked at the third and froze in horror.
See, she captured you face-on. And you looked, for the love of god, like a disembodied skull. I stared, feeling my eyes bug out and my jaw sag open. Oh My God! Baby Skeletor. I kept staring at the unfortunate pose, fully expecting your to see your eye sockets to glow red. Then I shoved that picture deep into my bag and tried to shake the image from my brain.
Later on, I scanned the pictures to email to your father. Everyone told me I was a mean mother for saving the file as "BabySkeletor.jpg" They said when they see you in twenty years, they're going to tell you that I called you Baby Skeletor and was creeped out by the picture. I said, "Oh yeah? I'll tell him myself."
PS. Mommy Loves You!!
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment