This week's Beliefwatch column in Newsweek magazine was about "hip-hop services". Now, I am not laughing at hip-hop, I am not laughing at religious worship, and I am not laughing at a religious service that uses hip-hop as the means by which to spread the good news... but I sure was tickled by this interpretation of Psalm 23:
The Lord is all that/ I need for nothing./ He allows me to chill./ He keeps me from being heated/ and allows me to breathe easy./ He guides my life so that I can/ represent and give shout-outs in His name./ And even though I walk through the hood of death,/ I don't back down, for You have my back./ The fact that He has me/ covered allows me to chill./ He provides me with back-up/ in front of player-haters,/ and I know that I am a baller and life will be phat./ I fall back in the Lord's crib for the rest of my life.
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment