The Maintenance Man finished doing whatever he was doing to the shower drain and came into the kitchen to spend some quality time catching up with Dave (you know, them being BFF’s and all). He asks about the baby, when it’s due, if we’re excited, the usual… then he asks what we are having. Dave tells him it’s a surprise. MM replies, “Aw, I hate when people do that!”
Right. Sorry there, chief. Didn’t mean to uh, not consider your opinion on our decision…
It was almost as mind-boggling as the time someone informed me that she could never have waited to find out the sex of her kids because she is “much too organized” to wait. Oh, really? Because… you’re simply NOT PREPARED to bring a baby home from the hospital if you bought white onesies instead of pink or blue ones?? Or because… yellow crib sheets somehow impede the baby’s ability to sleep?? Riiiiiight. I forgot; duh, everyone knows that purchasing all your baby crap in pink or blue is the absolute CRUX of infant-preparedness and organization. Seriously. My head almost exploded when she said that.
I wish there was some way I could blog myself rolling my eyes, shaking my head, and laughing at the absurdity …
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment