JD climbed a ladder today at the playground, all by himself. I marveled at the coordination, the dexterity, the bravery, the skill (seriously, I really did. It sounds cheesy, but if you think about it, it takes a hella lot for a two-year-old to bring it all together to do that-- balancing his feet on the small rungs, grasping with his hands, pulling with his upper body and alternating legs while pushing off with his feet, balancing all the way up and moving vertically, come on!) and I cheered like a motherfuckin' loon when he got to the platform at the top.
Let me tell you, he honest to God could not have been more pleased with himself. Thrilled. He turned to look at me, and the delight literally made him shine. His grin split his face, there was something in his eyes that I haven't seen since he took his first steps-- glee, drunken joyousness, pure delight. Amazing. It was one of those moments that made me remember God and believe in his love and beauty all over again.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment