So recently I am really starting to notice JD making these seemingly random connections to seemingly unrelated things, but then when I stop and wonder, you know, where the hell the did that come from, not only can I actually follow his 2.5 year old logic, I am more often than not hella impressed at the things he is remembering, processing, and expanding upon. He's a smart, funny cookie, as is illustrated herewithin:
So when we went to St, Maarten in February, we left Shank at a kennel. As we were saying goodbye to him, the owner said something to the effect of, "He'll be fine! He'll have fun! He's going to camp!" I took a particular shine to the notion of Shank "going to camp" and that's what I said whenever JD spoke of his MIA canine compadre during the trip. So tonight we were reading his new favorite book, "Little Trucks Big Jobs", and one of the "little trucks" mentioned therewithin was the camper. I asked him what it was, and he named it correctly, and then he added, "That's what Shankster drove in when he was at camp!" Could you die? Seriously, could you die? He astounds me every day. I look at his little being, and I simply cannot believe he is. He is me, he grew in me, he is mine. He is amazing. I don't deserve him sometimes.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment