Friday, March 20, 2009

"My hair's getting sticky!"

This is what I hear JD exclaim early this morning as he sits and eats his breakfast. Pancakes with syrup, do you see where this one's heading? He's combing his hair with his fork. "My hair's getting sticky!"

Oh my.

"I'm a beefcake!", JD proudly announces, as he lifts up his shirt to expose his tiny toddler pecs and abs. In the middle of music class. The teacher's eyes grow wide, but she continues singing "Jimmy Cracked Corn" without missing a beat.

Oh my.

"I wanna tap THAT!", JD yells as he races down the sidewalk. *I* know that he means that he has spied a sewer grate a few yards away, and he intends to hit it with the big stick that he is carrying, bc/ he really digs the reverberating "bbbboooonnnggg" noise it makes. But I realize that his meaning may not be so clear to the gaggle of business people coming out of the nearby hotel, who give me the side-eye as I run after him.

Oh my.

"Don't make poops in the bathtub," JD says during a recent bath, as he looks around anxiously. He jumps out of the tub and willingly sits on his potty chair. Could this be the first sign of a diaperless future?

Oh my!

1 comment:

Heather said...

HYSTERICALLY LAUGHED AT THE "I WANT TO TAP THAT.