Saturday, March 07, 2009

Big Milestone

The hair is cut. Mullet no more.

I asked if she could "just trim it up and out of his eyes, but leave it kind of long..." She provided a pageboy. I actually think he looks a lot more like a girl now than he did w/ the goldilocks flowing past his shoulders. Actually, he looks a hella lot like me, circa 1978.

Super-cute, super-weird, super-retro, super-??? We'll all grow into it. Or he'll grow it out. One way or the other, it's done, and he came out w/ two ears and two eyes fully intact, and Dave did not find himself -or his son- permanently banned from his favorite barbershop. (Much to my utter atonishment, JD didn't even really cry. He whimpered pitfully when she brandished the comb, but a bag of M&Ms did a great job distracting him.)

In other news... I'm having a kind of rough week. I don't feel like complaining or rehashing, but I'm tired and blue and lonely, and I could really use a pep-talk and a big giant margarita.

I had some other random funny stuff to tell, but of course now it's escaping me. I'll come back when I remember it...

No comments: