To anyone else, it may have sounded like the caws and and shrieks of a very loud pterydactyl. But I understood it perfectly. This is what JD was actually saying to me this afternoon...
"Mommy, you are so pretty!"
I replied, "Why, thank you, JD!"
Then he said, "Mommy, you are so funny!"
"Why, thank you, JD!"
"Mommy, you are so smart!"
"Why thank you, JD!"
"Mommy, you are my best friend!"
"Why thank you, JD!"
"Mommy, you sing so beautifully!"
"Why thank you, JD!"
"Mommy, you are so skinny!"
"Why, thank you, JD!"
He went on and on, heaping on the compliments, praise and piropos until I was practically blushing. My, that boy is quite the sweet-talker! It sure was a much-needed ego boost on this crappy cold grey day in Michigan.
Then I told him, "I love you, JD." And he told me, "I know, Mommy. I love you too."
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment