This is a post that I have been meaning to write since January. My hair is falling out. In force. It has been for a while, and it is showing no signs of stopping. I did a quick google to see what I could learn; turns out the four leading causes of hair loss in women my age are:
1. Post-Partum hormone adjustments. Check.
2. Malnourishment. Been there, done that.
3. Extreme stress and life-changing events. That, too.
4. Surgery. Twice in eight weeks.
And, oh yeah, each of these can cause continuing hair loss for up to six, count 'em, six months after the fact. I guess it's just a wonder that I am not bald as a cue-ball yet...
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh God, I'm so sorry! But hey, I will send you crocheted caps a-plenty. And you will *totally* get through it. Your hair will eventually stop falling out, and then it will grow back full and beautiful. Don't be afraid to get a boy-cut while it's growing back in. Be on the lookout for suspicious packages tied in pretty string!!! Love you!!! (And whenever you need a pick-me-up, don't hesitate to give me a call.) Tu piedras, Esposa!!!
Post a Comment