Every night when I put JD to bed, I hold him and rock him in the almost-darkness, and I look down at his beautiful little face, his long, dark eyelashes resting on his soft, soft, round cheeks, his perfect little mouth pursed up, sucking gently on an invisible soothie, his tiny little body completely relaxed, utterly and perfectly at peace, just lying there, limp and warm and soft and perfect, love and innocence and warmth and beauty and goodness just radiating off him, and I hold him and I feel him breathing, and I stroke his face, and I pray.
I pray, Dear God, please always love and protect and hold JD close, please always keep him safe and healthy and warm, please please protect him from anything and anyone who would hurt him, please God, he's so small and he's so innocent and he's so good, please God, I love him so much. Please God, please help me to be a good mother and a good person, please give me the strength and the wisdom and the grace and the patience and the knowledge to always do my best for him, please help me to always keep him safe and healthy and warm, please help me to protect him and guard him and keep him from anything or anyone that might hurt him. Please God, please, he's so small and so innocent and so good, please keep us and protect us and hold us in your Light.
I pray, Please God, please help us to be the kind of people you want us to be, to be kind, and caring, and empathetic, and loving, and good. Please help us to treat all people with kindness and love and compassion and tolerance and justice, please help us to be like Jesus wanted us to be. Please God, please help me to teach JD how to be this kind of person. Please Jesus, please walk with me and JD and always keep us in your Light. Thank you, God, thank you for putting me and JD together, thank you for blessing me with such a miracle. I don't know how I deserved him, but please help me always to be worthy to raise him and teach him and love him. Please God, I love him so much. We love you. Amen.
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment