Friday, December 22, 2006

I want to write about how much I love you

I want to write it all down, in case I ever forget how small you were, and how good it felt to sit there and hold you, and look into each other's eyes, and make faces at each other. I want to write it down, in case I ever forget how soft you were, and how good it felt when you curled your little self up on my shoulder, and sighed into the crook of my neck. How soft your hair was, when I would stroke the back of your head, around your tiny ear, and down your back. How could I ever forget, though? How could I ever forget the way your face looked as your eyes slowly closed, and your drifted off to sleep as I held you close?

How could I ever forget how you could make me laugh with the priceless expressions on your face, even at three in the morning in the semi-darkness, when you would be on the verge of sleep, but you would insist on peeping out of the slits of your eyes? What did you think you were going to miss out on? I love you so much, so much more than I knew I would. I cry sometimes because my heart just can't possibly hold all of my love. I think about you, everything that you are, everything that you will be and everything that you could be, and it takes my breath away. You reaffirm my belief in God, and innocence, and everything that is good and pure in the world. You make me want to be a better person, you make me believe that I can be a better person. You reaffirm my belief in hope, and love, and joy. I love you.

No comments: