JD's Grandparents came to visit, and as a holiday gift to Dave and I, they "insisted" on staying w/ JD while Dave and I had a date. (Yeah, right. Twist my arm!!)
Being as I can't eat anything, I wasn't particularly chomping at the bit to go out to lunch. But being a sport, I took one for the team and we went to a pub, where I ordered a cup of soup... and a BEER!
Oh sweet Jesus, did I enjoy my beer. Even though it took me over an hour to choke it down, and I burped and refluxed up the nastiest, most bitter bubbles, was it ever worth it! And I had a good buzz to boot.
At first I sat there mulling over my little son, alone at home wondering where I was. Pining for me. Then I started to relax, and by the time I was halfway through my pint, I almost forgot that I am somebody's mother and I almost thought I was just plain old Allison again, getting sloshed in the middle of the afternoon, in a college pub, during winter break.
It was fun, but I realized that I couldn't wait to get home and get my hands on my l'il Hamhock again. Call me silly... or call me Mommy.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment