I am sure it is much too early to claim "The Baby Stole My Brain", but I am kind of in love with having such a perfect excuse for my eternal flightiness... Yesterday morning, I totally forgot to get off the bus.
Yes, it makes me laugh, too. I was just sitting there, watching my stop cruise by, when it all clicked. I leapt up and hollered, "Let me off! I forgot to ding the cord! Let me off!"
Fortunately for me, the bus drivers in the mid-west are infinitely less cranky than those on the east coast (ironically, this is usually a source of frustration for me, as I sit there and stew with impatience-- I am late for work, yet they sit there at the stop and wait for joe-schmo to amble along, taking his time, walking up to the stop, no hurries, hop-on-along-there buddy....) Anyway, this good-naturedness worked in my favor yesterday b/c he agreeably pulled on over and let me off without even a nasty word.
Kind of makes me homesick for Bawlmer, Philly and all those other east coast cities where the bus drivers don't wait for stragglers and if you forget to get off the bus, they'll yell at choo in a strong regional accent.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment