When Matty wakes up in the morning, he holds his arms up and greets me with the smile of the sun. He snuggles in for a moment, so we can hold each other and feel the love. Then he flings himself forward off my lap and hits the ground running.
Down the hall, as fast as one who does not yet bend his knees when he walks can go, to JD's door. Damn if that little smarty pants doesn't know how to pull down on the door knob to open the door. (Damn those fancypants lever-style knobs, really. Thirty bucks a pop, and so much for my plan to babyproof by keeping the doors closed. It worked so well w/ JD.)
"Brudder, where's your brudder?" I ask Matty. His face lights up. "Brudder!" JD cries out. "Matty! My baby brudder!"
"Brudder, where's your brudder?" I ask JD. Matty flings himself towards JD. JD is there to catch him.
Today we peeked in on JD's soccer "practice", just as the coach called out, "Good job, JD!" Matty burst into a grin and started to clap. I do not make this up, I do not hyperbolize. I almost melted of The Love.
Matty's laughter sounds like hiccups, like a puppy playing with his favorite squeaky toy. JD's giggles kind of take him by surprise, and then lights up his whole face. Hearing them in harmony brings me to tears.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment