So there I am at the crowded Giant, doing my shopping, patiently stopping and waiting for a clear passage in the crowded aisles before smiling and saying "Excuse me" as I pushed my cart by. Every Blessed Time. Even though my politeness and patience were costing me time, and even though I was in a damn hurry.
So there I am by the ground turkey. It was the last thing I needed, and I was done. There were a few people milling about in front of the case, right, so I left my cart behind and slipped up to grab my goddamn ground turkey. I said, "Excuse me" as I slipped in gracefully, swooped it up, and slid back out, .02 seconds max, bumping nobody, avoiding all toes, not even so much as an arm brush.
I about dropped in shock when a man started YELLING at me, fucking Angry as All Hell, "That was rude!!! That was rude!!! RUDE!!"
I snapped right straight back, "I said, 'Excuse me"! I said, 'Excuse me!", nasty as a wasp myself.
I hate to feel like that.
I saw him as I was checking out, and in a (unfortunate) moment of "Let Me Make Things Right", I approached him and said, "Excuse me, sir, I just wanted to let you know that I really did say 'Excuse Me'; I'm sorry if you didn't hear me, and I just wanted to apologize..."
But he cut me off there and started berating me about how rude I was to "push in" like that. RUDE! RUDE! RUDE! My dander prickled but I continued "...I wasn't thinking, my baby isn't feeling well and I was just in a hurry to grab my last item on my list and I wasn't paying attention, I should have..."
But he cut me off THERE and started yelling now about how I was so RUDE and now I was "just making excuses" and RUDE! RUDE! RUDE! I sucked in a deep breath and explained that actually, I was just trying to apologize...
But he cut me off THERE, again, and REALLY YELLED at me, "NO! YOU'RE STILL BEING RUDE!"
So I stepped back, looked him dead on, and said, "No, NOW I'm being rude." And I gave him the motherfucking middle finger, in the middle of the motherfucking Giant, and I said, "Fuck you, you fucking asshole."
He kept yelling at me as I walked away.
I have never cursed a person out like that before.
But I'm pretty sure it wasn't a first for him.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LIKE LIKE LIKE. Good on ya, Esposa!
Post a Comment