Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ba-da bum! Chshh!

JD had a popsicle for dessert last night. When he finished, he did what any barbarian would do and chucked the drippy stick over his shoulder as he lopped off to wipe his sticky hands clean on the sofa. I picked up the stick and noticed that it had a joke printed on it. I read it and thought that he just might actually get it, so I called him over and asked if he wanted to hear a joke. His first joke!

"What kind of fish tastes good with peanut butter?" I asked him, all tickled at the thought of spilling the punch line and explaining to him *why* it was funny-- get it? get it? He cocked his head to the side, thought for literally less than 1.5 seconds, and replied, "A jellyfish."

If I hadn't been so Amazed! Impressed! Astounded!, I might have been a little miffed that he stole my thunder.

No comments: