JD's bellowing proclamation upon entering Target last week.
(You see, a few days before, when he wanted to open and eat a box of cookies while shopping, I told him that we couldn't, bc/ it's stealing to eat something that you haven't paid for yet. (Really, it was just that it was too close to lunchtime and I didn't want him to eat the damn cookies, but there was no way that answer was going to be accepted without a Nuclear Meltdown, so I went with the stealing thing.) And then -in a flash of (what I thought at the time to be) parental brilliance- I made it into a Teachable Moment to really explain Stealing and that Stealing Is Wrong. )
So a few days later, as we are entering the store and passing by the security guards conveniently stationed by the doors, JD proudly, and quite loudly, announces, "And we're not going to steal anything today!"
...
And I was not surprised to spend the rest of that Target trip being followed by several Friends in Red Shirts.
Saturday, November 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lol - you ever want to get followed around in Target, just go in after you have been up all night with both kids and it didn't even dawn on you to comb your hair or change out of your sweat pants. The stupid part is I have no idea how long I was being followed until Michael pointed it....how come the person in the RED (colors are so important ya know) shirt is going everywhere we go. Do we know him? And Mr. Michael Sociable starts asking him - do we KNOW you? Not sure who was more embarrassed, me or the target secret stalker.
Post a Comment