JD and I go to "music class" once a week; it's very much fun. At the end of every class, the teacher turns off the lights and the toddlers snuggle up on their moms' laps to relax to a soothing winding-down song. Snuggly snuggle time that ends with big hug, big kiss. My personal favorite.
So... JD is milling about in the center of the circle, hanging with his friends, and the lights go out. Toddlers scatter back to their respective laps. My son, however, meanders over to a Random Mom and seats himself comfortably on the knee not occupied by her own daughter.
Um, hello?
I figure he will soon enough turn around and realize that he had gotten confused, it was all a big misunderstanding, he actually thought he was on my lap. "Oops, his bad", right?
No. He turns around, smiles at Random Mom, and keeps snuggling.
Now, Random Mom's daughter is none too pleased to find herself sharing her mom's lap with an interloper. She whimpers and gives JD a firm shove. I lean over and encourage Random Mom to send him back my way, "if he's making your daughter upset", of course.
Oh no, he's fine. Big smiles all around.
::my lower lip trembles and my shoulders slump:: I knew he would break his mudder's heart someday, I just didn't realize it would be so soon...
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment