He is starting to imitate and pretend~ pretty astounding to watch him watch me finish a cup of tea and set down the mug, then to watch him toddle over, grab the mug, tilt it up to his mouth and bring it down with a great big, "Ahhh!", as if he just slurped up some of the most refreshing brew Twinnings has to offer.
He shares his bananas w/ Daddy, and too bad if Daddy just isn't hungry~ JD smashes it right into his mouth anyway, like a bridegroom in Oklahoma, drunk on Wild Turkey, feeding his ladylove.
He is learning to use a spoon:
He continues to be obsessed with the refrigerator, and his interest has expanded to include the contents of the condiment shelf in the door. The other night, I turned from the stove to see JD carefully removing the bottles and gingerly setting each on the floor, creating a quite precise line of Annie's dressings, Lawry's marinades, and no less than seven open and partially used bottles of barbeque sauce.
He is fiercely independant and extremely opinionated. His three favorite things are Lambie, Shank, and chocolate Joe-Joes. His three least favorites are wearing his mittens, having his diaper changed, and being told, "No". He has learned how to open doors and flush toilets. Neither of which bodes well for me, as 99% of my "baby proofing" is based upon keeping doors closed, and as he has already tossed a hairbrush, a magnet, and a dirty sock into the toilet. Fortunately, I intervened before he flushed, but I could see where he was going with it.
He hid my keys last Thursday and it took me 38 minutes and St. Anthony's intercession to find them.
His hugs and kisses are better than chocolate, better than sunshine, better than anything I could ever describe. I cry sometimes because I love him so much. He smells like honey and warmth and chocolate and Mustela. His hair is soft, and his smile covers his whole face. He is the best part of my life, the greatest gift I've ever received.
No comments:
Post a Comment