So I had another encounter with a bitch this morning. Except this time, I wasn't left feeling all angry and fired up. I felt sad and lonely and picked on, like, "Why is everyone always so mean to me? I'm a good person, I swear."
I was pulling out of the garage, and the driveway crosses the sidewalk into the street. Since there were parked cars on the street all up to the edge of the edge of the driveway, on both sides, I did have to pull out onto the part that is driveway/sidewalk so that I could see to turn out onto the street. I looked, I didn't hit anyone, but I did block the sidewalk w/ my car.
As a frequent pedestrian, I encounter this all the time. I calmly wait for the car to pull out, or else I get the driver's attention and indicate that I am going to walk in front of them.
But this bitch smacked my windshield. I guess she was mad that I was blocking her path, and forcing her to take four extra steps around my car.
What the fuck? I honestly wasn't out to do her wrong, I was just trying to take my baby son to his playgroup. I don't know why, and I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it really made me feel sad. Like, I almost cried. I guess it was a bad morning all around; JD was cranky, the weather was grey and chilling; Dave hurt my feelings last night... Oh well. I am just going to eat some popcorn and will the afternoon to improve.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment