There seems to be a rather alarming trend going on... apparently, JD and I are quite frequently "dressed to match". As in, coordinating Mother-Son outfits. Oh, Dear God.
I swear to you, I swear I do not do this on purpose, intentionally or with premeditation. But, as I am the one-- the only one-- who dresses us both each day, I am obviously the perpetrator.
I don't know how it happens. I swear I don't. I pick out JD's clothes, put them on him, and then an hour or so later, without any conscious thought to what he is wearing, I go into my closet ... and, more often than not, come out dressed in something to echo, compliment, or coordinate with his outfit. Yikes!!
At first, people would mention it, "Oh, you guys match!", and I would cringe and mutter, "I didn't mean to." Because I didn't. I DON'T. I blew it off as coincidence, an unfortunate coincidence. Coincidences that kept happening, with increasing regularity...
But yesterday was the straw. I dressed JD is a brown tee-shirt and navy track pants. Too cute! Little sporty! Then I put him down for his nap, went into my closet and put on... a brown tee shirt and navy jeans!!
I sighed, rolled my eyes, and got changed. God Help Us All if I have a daughter next...
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment