Bradbury H. Anderson, CEO of Best Buy
The company that has given me not one, but TWO defective TiVo recorders. This time, though, they are saying that they are not going to exchange the defective one; I have to buy a new one. Oooh, man, was my ass chapped yesterday when I was talking to the “customer service supervisor”. So I wrote a little note to Bradbury there and explained to him why he should provide me with an upgraded TiVo recorder (the kind that records two shows at once- hot dog!) at no charge, and why he should go ahead and fire the “supervisor” at store 408, Ann Arbor, Michigan. We’ll see what kind of response I get, which will determine if Bradbury joins Frank up there on my list or not. In the meantime, I am freaking out about my programs! Who knew how hard life without TiVo was??
Now, on an entirely unrelated note, yesterday Dave took me to a “Country Fair and Apple Picking” at a local orchard. I have never been apple-picking, and it was a gorgeous day, and the event description on arborweb.com noted that they had “pettable llamas”. What else can you ask for?? Not only did Dave humor me like a champ by accompanying me to such an event, but he totally got into the goofy spirit of it with me. We fed (and petted) the llama (and several goats); we went on the “haunted hayride” (not so scary, given as it was about 11am and the sun was shining…); we ate a corn dog; we went through the “corn stalk maze”. Dave even fired the “apple cannon”. I have pictures to document everything!! It was seriously one of the most fun times I have had with him in Ann Arbor. Then we picked some apples and called it a day, bc/ honestly I was about Country Fair-ed out at that point. The only downside- they warned me as I was boarding the hay ride that pregnant women should be cautioned that there is a “fair amount of jostling” during the ride. Tough girl that I am, I completely poo-poo’ed the warnings and hopped on. Well, the hey ride fortunately did not jostle the baby on out of me, but it did jostle out a little pee-pee … Good thing I was seated in a pile of absorbent hay!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment