I am a flat-out sucker for telephone-fundraising calls. I literally cannot say no. The conversations usually go something like this:
Me: Hello?
Them: Hello. This is George, I'm a paid fundraiser for your local Fraternal Order of Police district 529--
Me: --I'll give you $25.
I don't know what happens. I hear the name of the veterans' group, disease, animal shelter, or political cause, and I pledge money before they even ask me to. It got so bad during the election season that I literally would not answer the phone bc/ I just couldn't afford any more donations, and I knew that if I got caught on the phone by a fundraiser, I would donate.
So, this morning I got a call from Cystic Fibrosis Man. (Cat in the bag, right?) Well, the conversation went something like this:
Me: Hello?
Him: Wow, that was a weak hello. This is George, I'm a paid fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation--
Me:--No thanks. Click
WTF, you moron? You think insulting me is the way to start off? I wish I could call him back and tell him, a la Pretty Woman, that it was a "Big Mistake. Big. Huge!" bc/ I had an extra $25 just itching to jump into their coffers. He wouldn't have even needed to ask. All he had to do was not insult me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment