So it is 6:18 pm on a fine Friday night, and I have changed into my pyjamas and poured a glass of TJ's finest. I. Am. Bushed.
Today I had a handful of JD's little friends --and their moms, aka, my friends-- over for a Playgroup Party Playdate --in honor of, wait for it-- JD's Second Birthday!
That's right, JD is Two. (Well, tomorrow, but we started the celebrations today.) He handled it all quite well. He shared toys (and only whacked one of his friends upside the head with anything heavy enough to leave a mark. Sorry, Liam!! Boo boo doggie to the rescue!), he had snacks, he even donned a Party Hat. He was very excited to hear his friends (ok, their moms) sing Happy Birthday, but he wanted nothing doing with tasting a cupcake, despite my insistent urging. (Bc/ every first-rate mom begs her child to eat piles of pure refined sugar.) All in all, super fun. JD could have a birthday party every day. Well, actually, maybe once a year would be better. I'm beat. What with all the excitement, there was (not surprisingly) no naps, ergo, he's in bed and I'm drinking wine by 6pm. Cheers!
On another "pretty cool" note, while we were out for our 6 mile death-march (that's what happens when JD refuses to nap) we "happened upon" a ginormous crowd of Chinese and Chinese-Americans gathered in front of a nearby hotel. I am talking crowds of red flags waving, dragons dancing, and banners flying. It was "pretty cool, pretty cool," as JD said. I asked what was up; apparently (as I should have known) the Chinese president was coming to the hotel. As I was writing about JD's party, his motorcade went down our street. I'll tell you what, I don't care how inconvenient it is (like when they shut down our whole street for hours for Bush, or when I had to wait standing in the rain w/ my baby son for 45 minutes), I always get a big kick out of seeing the motorcades go by. It really is pretty cool. It's one of those things I wish JD would be able to remember, since once we hit the 'burbs, it sure won't be a common occurance. I promise myself I'll get pictures next time, or maybe even write a detailed post about some of the ones we've seen.
But for now, more wine and lots of TiVo is all I have the energy for. We have another party tomorrow. Happy Birthday, JD!!!!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy B.D., J.D.!!!
Post a Comment