...and it's only fitting that it is inspired by my dear friend vonCookie, to whom this blog owes its humble beginning. ;)
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes. Love it.
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes. Loved it. Then I woke up one day and just didn't want to smoke any more. So I didn't, and I've never looked back.
3. Do you own a gun? Um, HELLS to the no.
4.What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? I never drank kool-aid, but I sure did love that stuff that you dipped the stick into and ate. Lick-um Sticks? (That's what he said.)
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? You'd think after the whole baby-birthing/paralyzed throat debacle, I might, but I really don't get nervous about my own. I do have the cold, hard nauseous knot before every single one of JD's, though. I would rather die one thousand times slowly than see him ever be sick or unhealthy.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I fucking love them.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Story. "Frah-gee-lay. Must be Italian." (But vonCookie's answer is a very close second. That line gets me everytime.)
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Irish Breakfast Tea w/ whole milk and fake sugar.
9. Can you do push ups? Sure. Didn't I spend three years working w/ Marines?
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Besides my wedding rings, the string of pearls that Dave surprised me w/ for our law school graduation. But mostly, it was what he said that went along w/ it.
11. Favorite hobby? Looking at construction equipment. Oh wait, that's JD's favorite hobby....
12. Do you have ADD? Yes. It gets worse every week.
13. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? I put my foot in my mouth too often. I care too much but don't do enough. I'm not as good a person as I used to be.
14. What is your middle name? Exhausted
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I'm so itchy; damn those mosquitos; why did I ever take him back to that damn mosquito park. Oh my fucking god, what am I going to do if Sarah Palin becomes...don't think it, don't even think it. I need a stiff drink.
16. What are you looking forward to? Another beautiful sunny day tomorrow, a big hug and big kiss from my son.
17. Favorite thing to do on a rainy day? I really hate rainy days. Especially w/ a tiny tyrant and a big dog cooped up in a two-room, eighth-floor urban abode.
18. Favorite smell? JD fresh from a bath, smelling all clean and shiny; JD fresh from the playground, smelling like little boy sweat and sunshine; JD fresh from a sleep, smelling all warm and rumpled. JD.
19. Favorite place to be? If I had answered this question any number of years ago, my answer would have been any number of places, depending on the year and my mood. But now, my favorite place to be is wherever my son is, right beside him, seeing the world and all its wonder and all its excitement and all its novelty through his big blue eyes, and holding his little hand.
The question #20 appears to have stepped out of the room for a brief constitutional, so we’ll move on to number 21, standing here politely in line. HA!
21. Where would you like to go? Almost anywhere. It's been way too long since I've been anywhere new.
22. Name three people who will complete this? I don't even think there're three people who will read this.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, I hate to be barefoot inside.
24. What shirt are you wearing? A white tee shirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not a bit. Cool, crisp cotton all the way.
26. Can you whistle? No, but I sure try.
27. If you could talk to anyone right now, who would it be? My old friend.
28. Would you be a pirate? Yes. I already know how to pirate dance, thanks to Captain Feathersword and His Friendly Pirate Crew. "Ahoy there, me hardies!"
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I take a shower at the end of the day, when I am way too tired to sing.
30. Favorite girl’s name? Eleanor
31. Favorite boy’s name? Joseph
32. What’s in your pocket right now? A lollipop wrapper, a dirty tissue, and a miniature John Deere tractor.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? The SNL Palin/Clinton skit. ::hoo-boy, wiping tears::
34. Best bed sheets as a child? I never had any character ones or anything.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? The paralyzed throat was pretty bad, but I don't know if it can be considered an injury, per se.
36. Do you love where you live? Very, very much.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two. One for each room.
38. Who is your loudest friend? Gunny Britton
39. How many dogs do you have? Just the one. That's plenty.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Just the husband. That's plenty.
41. What is your favorite book? The Great Gatsby
42. What is your favorite candy? Peppermint Patties
43. Favorite Sports Team? If by favorite you mean, the team I least mind watching, Michigan football. But only bc/ Dave has taught JD to yell, "Go Blue!" and do "Hail to the Victors", and it cracks me up.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Ode to Joy
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Esposa, you rock!!!
Post a Comment