I have heard many a story of babies and/or toddlers pooping during bathtime; heck, a nice soak in a warm tub is often suggested as a remedy for tiny constipated tummies. I have also heard many a story about the ginormous PITA that it is to cleanse and sanitize the tub and all the ubiquitous plastic tub toys following such a poop. Given how much I hate poop, I dreaded what I fully believed to be the inevitable. Thus I simply refused to put any toys in the tub w/ JD, forcing my poor little boy to amuse himself with only a washcloth and a decrepit Land O' Lakes container.
JD made it through one year, floater-free.
Lulled into a sense of complacency, I started to feel guilty about the sorry state of my child's bath, and I bought JD a -literal- tub-load of bath toys for Christmas.
Returning home from our holiday travels last night, I drew up a huge sloshing bath and dumped in no less than 107 assorted squirting fish, floating ducks, foam letters, plastic boats, cups, scoops, sieves, starfish, turtles, whales, and a toddler-sized bathtub-basketball set. There was barely room for the baby.
He played happily for about 42 seconds. And then he pooped. Who could have seen that one coming??
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment