Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Conscious Blogging: why we do what we do, write what we write, and for whom

Just something for you fellow bloggers to ponder as you quickly scribble off that next entry. I'd love to hear comments on this: Conscious Blogging. Not "Conscientious Blogging" nor "Consciousness Blogging" nor "Conscience Blogging" (Are you thoroughly confused now?)Conscious Blogging: why we do what we do, write what we write, and for whom. Because I'm addicted to my blog, completely... I just need to understand why.

This is a very interesting question that vonCookie poses. I write mainly for myself, and for the few friends that I have told about my blog. Stuff that I would have liked to tell them, that they might have laughed or emphasized about, but stuff that is too mundane for an email, especially when it's been like 6 months since I last emailed. At that point, I feel like, "Hey listen to what this yahoo I work with did that pissed me off" just doesn't cut it, you know?

I also write like my blog is a diary, although nothing too private, it being a public forum and all. Especially about stuff having to do with being pregnant, and waiting to meet my baby. I like to go back and read what I wrote, bc/ I usually make myself laugh (can I help it if I crack myself up?). 95% of what I write is tongue-in-cheek, or extreme hyperbole, anyway, but it is what I am feeling or thinking about at the time. The other 5% is sentimental, but that's ok bc/ sometimes it is good to not reduce everything to a big joke.

I sometimes wonder if I should tell more of my friends to read my blog, but I always chicken out. I have only told people that I really trust, I mean really trust to "get me" bc/ I would hate for someone to read something and not get it. Like I said, I think a person would really have to know me to "get" 99.9% of the stuff I blog about. I try to imagine a stranger's reaction; most likely, they just wouldn't care at all. At the best, they would just think I am an idiot, and at the worst, they would think poorly of me as a person and a mother. Then I wonder why I would even care what a stranger thought. But obviously I do. So I am more private, and I write for me and mine, and if you are reading this, and you "get it", it just means that I love and trust you. Cheers!

No comments: