Can you believe a woman asked this question on a Baby-related message board?
Umm, Hello? NOBODY. Why in the world would I ask somebody to give up a chunk of their day to sit in a waiting room with me? I would feel absolutely ridiculous asking somebody to do that when I can certainly handle it by myself.
I swear to god, being pregnant turns some women into a bunch of feeble ninny-heads. For crying out loud, they should be ashamed to be so helpless.
I am proud that I can take care of myself. I know that I will never have to rely on anyone other than myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I can manage a career, my finances, my savings, my home. I can assemble Ikea furniture and hang curtains and pictures. I can maintain my car, I can care for my pet, and I can care for myself.
I can make my own decisions. I am proud of my successes, and I can deal with the consequences of my mistakes.
In short, I can take care of myself physically, financially, socially, and mentally. I can say with complete confidence that I am an independent, strong, capable woman.
The day I can't handle going to a routine OB appointment by myself is the day I hand in my ovaries. Good Grief. The whole idea of taking somebody with me bc/ my husband can't go is so disgusting, it's laughable.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rock on, esposa. I think we might have learned some of those same things together back on Madison, or perhaps over beers at the Trap.
I miss you!!!
And it's so awesome that you're keeping a blog. I have you in my Favorites list. Keep it up!
Post a Comment