I have to gloat about how lucky I have been... at 16 weeks, the only ways I've even been able to tell that there is, in fact, a baby in there are the missing periods (love it!) and, of course, the galloping heartbeat I've heard at the doctor's office (love it even more!). I guess that's why I particularly enjoyed the colorful visual aids provided in The BabyCenter Essential Guide to Pregnancy and Birth, which compares your baby's size to... produce...
Week 5- No bigger than a sesame seed
Week 6- The size of a lentil
Week 7- A raspberry
Week 8- A kidney bean
Week 9- A grape
Week 10- A walnut
Week 11- A fig
Week 12- A lime
Week 13- The size of a Jumbo Shrimp
Week 14- A lemon
Week 15- No vegetal comparison for this week, though he is 4 inches long from crown to rump
Week 16- An advocado
Week 17- A large onion
Week 18- A large sweet potato
Week 19- A small zucchini
Week 20- Stretched out, he is the length of a banana
This is where we leave the tour of the produce aisle... I guess once you can feel the little one kicking and squirming in there, there's not as much need for visualization? Or maybe it just gets too scary to picture something in there waiting to come out that's the size of a honeydew... a large zucchini...a Purdue OvenStuffer Roaster...or, you know, an infant baby...
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment