Thursday, July 02, 2009

"Oh, GOD!"

So I took Shank to the vet today and heard the three words no dog owner ever wants to hear:

Infected Anal Glands.

OMG

Barf

Seriously, I cannot even put into words how fucking disgusted I am by this. Fucking. Horrid. Fucking shit stains all over the fucking place where ever he sits his fucking leaking ass. Foul.

OMG

I'm not even going to talk about it.

So I took Shank to the vet today due to the leaking asshole and all, to hear those three words.

The vet proceeds to explain how they will treat them (which, by the way, includes "expressing" them once a week for the next few months OMG)...they'll start w/ some antibiotics, and if that doesn't work, then they'll move on to xyz blah blah blah, and if that doesn't work, they may have to surgically remove them, which is usually very effective but may cause blah blah blah complications blah blah blah and Oh, By The Way, the side effects may include "fecal incontinence".

As soon as these two words come out of the vet's mouth, JD, my 2.5 year old son, looks up and says, "Oh, GOD!" with the utmost disgust and repulsion. I nearly fell over on the floor.

I. was. dying. The vet burst out laughing and said, "Yep, that would be the appropriate reaction." I, too, was cracking up, but, man, I was particularly embarrassed to hear my 2.5 year old parrot me so accurately. As I said to the vet, "Apparently, he's heard me say that several times today..."

No comments: