Over the weekend, JD started to blow kisses to me, complete with the little smacking "mwah" sound. But since he can't actually make the smacking "mwah" sound the traditional way, with pursed lips, he improvises by bringing his pudgy little hand up to his pouty little mouth, clicking his tongue, and then waving it off with a grand flourish. It works. I swoon every time he does it.
He was so delighted with my swooning reaction to his gorgeous kisses that he was literally rolling on the floor with glee, rolling and wiggling and squealing in absolute estatics. He was so giddy that he then turned a somersault. His first somersault! I'm now considering signing him on with an Olympic gymnastics coach.
Last night I took his stroller apart so that I could wash the seat in the washer (a long-overdue first); I pulled the cover off to discover a fucking ginormous bug cocoon attached to the metal part that was covered by the seat. Horrifying! I live in the city, in a high-rise apartment building. How the fuck did a bug build its lair inside my baby's stroller? That's got to be a first.
This morning, JD was scrambling up and down his step stool (it's an integral part of his morning calisthenics- kind of like the old-school step aerobics) when he misjudged and bumped his face on the step, causing him to bite his lip. His first bloodshed! That's a sad one. Oh well; by the time I walked across the apartment to the freezer to get him the doggy-shaped ice pack I have held in reserve for just such an occasion, he had forgotten all about the bump and was more interested in feeding Rice Chex to the dog.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment